XE.com has a permanent, full time opening for a Web Designer. We are looking for a bright, talented, and creative web designer to help us continue to expand and enhance the services we offer. You will report to our Creative UI UX Manager and work closely with our development team on XE's properties updates, enhancements, maintenance and growth.
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Application period: 12:00:00 PM Friday, January 31, 2014 - 12:00:00 PM Thursday, May 1, 2014
We want our team members to lead happy, healthy, balanced lives. Our 40-hour work week supports work-life balance. We offer generous benefits, including dental, maternity, and RSP matching. And if you need a break, you can always use our well-equipped gym and showers. We provide delicious lunches every Friday, followed by some pretty intense games of ping-pong and foosball (so you can burn off the calories). We think the best relationships are built on mutual respect, so we strive to ensure that this is reflected in our relationship with our employees.
You have an eye for design, and strive for pixel perfect implementation on all browsers/screens, capable of translating business requirements into an intuitive UI. A successful candidate would have an innate understanding of the fundamental human interface design principals, and how they map into the available technologies.
You have experience incorporating the latest of HTML5 and CSS3 into design work, as well as, building websites for the mobile web with an emphasis on responsive design.
You will be collaborating with team members building and supporting XE's software solutions, while using the latest mobile and web technologies to create a leading user experience.
- University degree or College diploma, or experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with source/version control software.
- Experience working in a web developer capacity.
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centric design principles.
- A strong understanding of digital interaction design & usability.
- Design experience, including creating graphics and wire-framing of web pages.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite applications specifically Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Expert knowledge of UI-based profiling and debugging tools (Firebug, Web Developer Tools, etc…).
- In-depth understanding and awareness of the disparate browser idiosyncrasies, CSS, W3C standards.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a keen sense for understanding the audience (both business and technical) and communicating at the right level of detail.
Nice To Have
- Having worked with Mobile Browsers, and WebKit Browsers.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital Content Management Systems.
- Knowledge of SEO and/or accessibility principles.
How To Apply
- Candidates must apply with resume including samples/URLs of recent work as ONE document.