Who Are We?
As the world's trusted currency authority, XE.com ranks among the top 400 sites in the world. We serve over 22 million unique visitors each month with a variety of tools and services including the XE Currency Converter, forex market analysis, and the XE Currency App, which has received over 25 million downloads. Since 2002, XE Trade Money Transfers has processed more than $10 billion in global payments and served thousands of businesses and individuals. Additionally, the XE Currency Data Feed is used by thousands of businesses from SMEs to Fortune 500 companies. As leaders in our industry, we continually strive to be innovative and always work to improve our products.
Top 400website in the world
25+ millionXE Currency app downloads
Over 2000XE Data Feed commercial clients
35klicenses of the XE Currency Converter
$10+ billionin money transfers booked through XE currency transfer services
In 1993, two friends fresh out of university joined forces to start a company. Steven Dengler and Beric Farmer started out from a basement office, offering computer consulting and internet services. A couple of years later, the duo introduced a demo currency converter to show clients how interactive the internet could be. As the years passed, it was clear that they were running the web’s dominant currency tool and started to focus on XE’s currency services. With years of hard work, Steven, Beric, and the XE team cultivated this tool into the world’s largest currency brand - XE. Today, XE is one of the last remaining independent first-wave Internet companies around.
- 2014The XE Currency app reaches over 25 million downloads.
- 2013XE celebrates its 20th anniversary as one of the last remaining independent first-wave Internet companies.
- 2012XE Market Analysis is launched on XE.com, giving users daily insights on market activity.
- 2010XE is named Greater Toronto Top Employer and is repeatedly selected in subsequent years.
- 2009The first XE Currency mobile app is launched. It is downloaded a million times in the first year.
- 2007Currency Charts, Graphs, and Forex News are launched on the website.
- 2005XE moves its office once again, this time to Newmarket. The office continues to expand overtime.
- 2002The "Universal Currency Converter" and "XE" are trademarked in Canada. Both are eventually registered in the USA, EU and around the world.
- 2002To meet customers' demands, XE Trade is launched, offering easy and secure online money transfers.
- 2002The company officially changes its name to XE.com Inc.
- 2000Xenon Laboratories begin to focus on its currency and foreign exchange tools and services full time.
- 1995The Universal Currency Converter is launched. Within a few years, it becomes the world's most popular currency tool.
- 1995XE moves HQ from the basement of a farmhouse to an office in downtown Toronto.
- 1993Xenon Laboratories Incorporated is founded by two high school friends, Steve and Beric.
Every day, millions of customers from all over the world use XE’s foreign exchange tools and services. Our customers range from individuals looking for exchange rate information to multi-national corporations transferring money abroad.
- Europe - 20%
- United Kingdom - 15%
- United States - 11%
- India - 11%
- Canada - 6%
- Australia - 6%
- 54% Personal
- 21.3% Both
- 24.3% Work
- 54% Sr. Management+
- 25% Management
- 21% Non-Management
- $100k+ 40%
- $75k-$100k 15.5%
- $60k-$75k 8%
To us, being responsible means engaging with our community and making a commitment to our environment. XE strives to make a positive impact in both our local and global communities and so, we support six principal charities every year. Additionally, every XE team member gets to pick a charity to which we donate $1000 to annually. Here are some of the organizations we sponsor:
We believe that everyone has the responsibility to take care of our environment. That’s why XE uses Bullfrog Power to offset 100% of our energy consumption. Bullfrog Power’s green electricity comes exclusively from wind and hydro facilities that have been certified as low impact by Environment Canada. It’s a small step, but we think it’s important to support clean energy and invest for a greener future.