XE Trade - XE Trade FAQ
Processing time depends on how you send us the funds to be converted, as well as how you select to have the converted funds delivered. Common time ranges are given in the table below.
|Payment Method |
How you send us the funds to be converted
|Delivery Method |
How the converted funds are delivered by us
|Normal Processing Time
|You send the payment to us from your bank1 2 (Select “Wire or “Bill Payment”7 in the system
||Wire2||1-3 business days, dependent upon when we receive your payment.
|EFT5||2-4 business days|
|Draft8||4-9 business days (Canada/USA)
8-16 business days (elsewhere)
|We direct debit funds from your account (Select “EFT” in the system - Canada/USA only)3 4||Wire2||3-5 business days|
|EFT5||4-6 business days|
|Draft8||6-10 business days (Canada/USA)
9-17 business days (elsewhere)
IMPORTANT - Possible Delaying Factors
- Payments sent to us from the UK using BACS or Internet Payment typically take 1 to 2 business days longer than an actual Wire Transfer
- Wires sent to or from certain regions may take extra time. This is beyond our control. For example, wires to or from Continental Europe typically take 1 to 2 extra business days and wires to or from South Africa typically take 4 to 9 extra business days.
- If you select to pay by EFT, account details may need to be confirmed before proceeding. This is a one-time requirement that typically takes 2-5 business days, but can be delayed by your bank. For more information on account confirmation, click here.
- For EFT withdrawals (debits), your payment to us is not considered cleared funds. As such, the banks may place hold days ranging from 1-4 business days to ensure that funds are cleared prior to crediting our account. This is a standard risk management policy. Larger amounts will typically take more time to clear, so will fall towards the end of the suggested 4-6 business day timescale.
- We may require extra information for due diligence when sending funds to some countries, which can extend these timescales.
- EFT as a delivery method is only available for: AUD to Australia; CAD to Canada; EUR to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom; DKK to Denmark; GBP to The United Kingdom; HUF to Hungary; MXN to Mexico; NOK to Norway; NZD to New Zealand; SEK to Sweden; USD to The United States or Canada.
- “Bill Payment” will only show in countries where that specific payment method is applicable. If you don’t see that option, select “Wire”.
- “Drafts” are cheques/checks drawn on currency specific bank accounts. They are sent in the regular postal mail from Canada.
The total processing time listed above covers what normally happens, but exceptions can occur from time to time. All foreign exchange transactions involve banks, regardless of provider, and the duration depends upon how efficient those banks are.
Note: The fastest way to send a payment is "Wire to Wire". This means that you send us the funds to be converted by Wire Transfer and have the converted funds be delivered by Wire Transfer as well.