GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Japan's Nikkei fell to a two-week low on Thursday and the
Swiss franc held near a two-year high against the dollar,
sparked by concerns about China's economic outlook.
* The dollar edged up against major counterparts in early
Asian trade on Thursday, but was hemmed in recent ranges as
investors remained cautious about liquidity conditions in China.
* Oil prices fell on Wednesday in volatile spread trading
following a surge in U.S. crude oil inventories to the highest
level since June.
* U.S. Treasuries yields fell to their lowest in three
months on Wednesday, prompted by more bets that the Federal
Reserve will not pare its bond purchase stimulus until next year
in the aftermath of a disappointing jobs report on Tuesday.
LOCAL MARKETS PREVIOUS CLOSE
* BSE index 20,767.88 (-0.47 pct)
* NSE index 6,178.35 (-0.39 pct)
* Rupee 61.59/60 per dlr (61.655/665 per dlr)
* 10-year bond yield 8.63 pct (8.61 pct)
* 5-year OIS rate 8.23 pct (8.23 pct)
* 1-year OIS rate 8.42 pct (8.42 pct)
* Call money 8.95/9.00 pct (8.95/9.00 pct)
* India's third biggest gold fund will begin accepting
fresh investments again after shutting off new buy-ins three
months ago to support government efforts to curb bullion demand
and control a rising trade deficit.
* India's central bank will sell 10 billion rupees of 1.44
percent, 2023 inflation indexed bonds on Oct. 30, it said in a
statement on Wednesday.
MAJOR DEBT SALES/LOANS/MERGERS
* HDFC Bank was back in the market after an eight-month
absence with a new three-year senior unsecured bond. The
Baa2/BBB- rated issuer is marketing the November 2016 bonds at
initial price talk of the 280bp area over US Treasuries. (IFR)
* The US$370m five-year loan for Indian conglomerate Larsen
& Toubro has received its first commitment, sources said.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia has joined with a US$15m ticket.
* The US$500m six-year loan for state-owned Bharat Petroleum
Corp has been launched, sources said. The amortising term loan
features three equal repayments at the end of the fourth, fifth
and sixth years, translating to an average life of five years.
The deal offers a margin of 175bp over one-, three- and
six-month Libor. (IFR)
USD/INR NDFs (NY closing prices)
* For up-to-date prices, double click
Close Open High Low Volume
62.10-15 62.08 62.15 62.00 High
FII INVESTMENTS-EQUITIES (Net dollars)
Oct. 23* $104.71 mln#
Month-to-date** $1.70 bln
Year-to-date** $15.35 bln
* Provisional NSE data
** Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Oct. 23 on
#(As per Reuters conversion, $1 = 61.6 rupees)
FII INVESTMENTS-DEBT (Net Dollars)*
Oct. 22 -$232.71 mln
Month-to-date -$1.67 bln
Year-to-date -$7.34 bln
* Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Oct. 23 on SEBI
GOVERNMENT SECURITIES TRADING (Net buy/sell, in rupees)
Foreign Banks -2.80 bln
Public Sector Banks 7.33 bln
Private Sector Banks 155.83 mln
Mutual Funds -1.01 bln
Others -2.80 bln
Primary Dealers -882.0 mln
Source: Clearing Corp of India Ltd
MONEY MARKET INFLOWS
Instrument Payment Date Amount
91 days T-Bill Redemption Oct 24 162709.10
182 days T-Bill Redemption Oct 24 50000.00
SDL 08.24%, 2023 Interest Oct 25 515.00
SDL 08.25%, 2023 Interest Oct 25 1237.50
SDL 08.26%, 2023 Interest Oct 25 413.00
SDL 08.27%, 2023 Interest Oct 25 82.70
(JAMMU & KASHMIR)
SDL 08.58%, 2016 Interest Oct 25 429.00
SDL 08.79%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 439.50
SDL 08.80%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 1320.00
SDL 08.81%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 477.94
SDL 09.14%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 982.55
SDL 09.16%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 29.77
SDL 09.31%, 2022 Interest Oct 25 1163.75
For the full table see:
* The RBI accepted all 65 bids for 408.06 billion rupees at
its one-day repo auction. It also accepted the sole bid for 5
million rupees at its one-day reverse repo auction, through
which it absorbs excess liquidity from the banking system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI rises to 436.32 billion
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI rise to 3.19 trillion
(Compiled by Subhadip Sircar)
Keywords: MARKETS INDIA FX DEBT/PREOPENER
(email@example.com)(twitter.com/swatibhat22)(+91-2 2-61807353)(Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.