GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Asian markets got off to an indecisive start on Thursday
after the Federal Reserve provided little clarity on the outlook
for U.S. stimulus, leaving investors hostage to Chinese data
later in the session.
* The U.S. dollar wallowed at six-week lows against a basket
of major currencies on Thursday, having slipped overnight after
the Federal Reserve gave no fresh hint that it was preparing to
scale back stimulus at its next meeting in September.
* U.S. crude oil futures settled nearly 2 percent higher as
technical trading fuelled late-session gains, driving prices to
their largest monthly percentage gain in nearly a year.
* Prices for U.S. Treasuries rose on Wednesday, reversing
early losses after the Federal Reserve gave no hint of a
pullback in bond buying at the end of a two-day policy meeting.
LOCAL MARKETS PREVIOUS CLOSE
* BSE index 19,345.70 (-0.01 pct)
* NSE index 5,742 (-0.23 pct)
* Rupee 60.40/41 per dollar (60.47/48)
* 10-year bond yield 8.17 pct (8.25 pct)
* 5-year OIS rate 8.41 pct (8.39 pct)
* 1-year OIS rate 9.49 pct (9.47 pct)
* Call money 9.75/9.85 pct (9.00/9.10 pct)
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
* India cabinet meeting.
* RBI chief to speak at Madras School of Economics in
southern city of Chennai at 0530GMT.
* India manufacturing PMI at 0500 GMT.
* India July car sales.
* The Reserve Bank of India said on Wednesday the federal
government will sell 30 billion rupees ($50 million) of 7-day
government cash management bills on Aug 1.
* The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
slightly shortened the time period by which foreign investors
must use up their government debt limits to ensure that all of
the unused quotas are put on sale at each monthly auction.
* Yes Bank mandated 10 banks on a US$250m-equivalent
dual-tranche refinancing. ANZ, Citigroup, Commerzbank, Doha
Bank, Emirates NBD, HSBC, LBBW, State Bank of India, Standard
Chartered and Wells Fargo are the banks mandated on the
financing, which comprises one- and three-year tranches. (IFR)
* The Indian government raised about $17 million by selling
some of its shares in state-run National Fertilizers Ltd on Wednesday as part of a divestment drive to help
rein in the budget deficit.
USD/INR NDFs (NY closing prices)
* For up-to-date prices, double click
Close Open High Low Volume
61.16-20 61.58 61.52 61.00 High
FII INVESTMENTS-EQUITIES (Net dollars)
July 31* $23.52 mln#
Month-to-date** -$1.02 bln
Year-to-date** $12.49 bln
* Provisional NSE data
** Source: Data as per custodial filing as on July 31 on
#(As per Reuters conversion, $1 = 60.805 rupees)
FII INVESTMENTS-DEBT (Net Dollars)*
July 30 $19.08 mln
Month-to-date -$2.01 bln
Year-to-date -$3.21 bln
* Source: Data as per custodial filing as on July 31 on SEBI
GOVERNMENT SECURITIES TRADING (Net buy/sell, in rupees)
Foreign Banks 9.52 bln
Public Sector Banks 1.44 bln
Private Sector Banks -1.87 bln
Mutual Funds -9.25 bln
Others 127.81 mln
Primary Dealers 32.88 mln
Source: Clearing Corp of India Ltd
MONEY MARKET INFLOWS
Instrument Payment Date Amount
SDL 09.86%, 2018 Interest Aug 01 147.90
SDL 09.89%, 2018 Interest Aug 01 494.50
SDL 09.90%, 2018 Interest Aug 01 396.00
SDL 08.50%, 2021 Interest Aug 02 1721.25
SDL 08.53%, 2021 Interest Aug 02 106.63
6.05% FEB 2019 Interest Aug 02 16032.50
8.08% 2022 Interest Aug 02 25035.64
8.26% 2027 Interest Aug 02 30325.49
8.32% 2032 Interest Aug 02 6420.56
SDL 08.31%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 332.40
SDL 08.32%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 166.40
SDL 08.34%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 625.50
SDL 08.39%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 827.97
SDL 08.40%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 404.25
SDL 08.44%, 2020 Interest Aug 03 79.34
91 days T-Bill Redemption Aug 03 175000.00
182 days T-Bill Redemption Aug 03 40000.00
SDL 06.60%, 2013 Interest Aug 04 369.88
SDL 08.32%, 2020 Interest Aug 04 1014.00
SDL 08.37%, 2020 Interest Aug 04 502.20
SDL 08.42%, 2020 Interest Aug 04 210.50
(JAMMU & KASHMIR)
INSTRUMENT AMOUNT (in bln rupees) DATE
Bonds 150 Aug 2
* The RBI accepted all 61 repo bids for 376.98 billion
rupees at its one-day repo auction, through which it injects
liquidity into the banking system. It also accepted all 7 bids
for 3.92 billion rupees at its reverse repo auction, through
which it absorbs excess liquidity from the banking system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI rises to 440.77
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI rise to 3.15 trillion
(Compiled by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Keywords: MARKETS INDIA FX DEBT/PREOPENER
(firstname.lastname@example.org)(+91-22-61807201)(Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.