June 18 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc:
* Delta responds to court decision on ex-im financing
* Court upheld challenge by co, air line pilots association to ex-im bank's
issuance of loan guarantees for aircraft sale to Air India
* According to the court, the bank failed to explain its exclusion of aircraft
transactions from economic impact review.'
* Court held that, before issuing guarantees to Air India Bank was required by
governing statute to consider effects on U.S. industries,jobs
* Appeals court agrees with Delta that ex-im bank failed to consider effect of
financing on U.S. airline jobs'
* Delta air-bank now will be required to take complaints of industry
participants seriously before proceeding with harmful subsidies to foreign
* Source text for Eikon
* Further company coverage
(Bangalore Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.