May 6 (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories:
* US FDA says anti-seizure drug valproate sodium & related products can cause
decreased IQ scores in children whose mothers took them while pregnant
* US FDA says stronger warnings about use of anti-seizure drug valproate sodium
& related products during pregnancy will be added to the drug labels
* FDA says valproate drugs should be only prescribed to pregnant women with
epilepsy or bipolar disorder if other medications are not effective
* FDA says valproate products include Abbott's Depacon, Depakote,
Depakote CP, Depakote ER, Depakene & Noven's Stavzor and their generics
* Source text for Eikon * Further company coverage
(Bangalore Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.