Feb 18 (Reuters) - APN News & Media Ltd:
* Chairman, CEO and three independent directors resign
* Says Peter Hunt today announced his resignation and that of the CEO and
* Director Brett Chenoweth and three independent directors Melinda Conrad, John
Harvey and John Maasland also resigned
* Says resignations will take effect on 19 February 2013
* Says 'while the board agreed the company needed to reduce its debt, it was
unable to agree on the methodology'
* Departing directors believed that a capital raising should be undertaken at
the time the company announces its full year results'
* Independent News & Media and its major shareholder together with Allan Gray
representing approximately 51% of APN's shares have unequivocally indicated
they are opposed to a capital raising at the present time
((Bangalore Newsroom; +91 80 4135 5800))
(For more news, please click here)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.