GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Asian shares and the euro paused on Thursday, marking time
ahead of a European Central Bank policy decision and remarks
from ECB President Mario Draghi on prospects for the euro zone
* The euro drifted lower on Thursday, while sterling
wallowed at multi-month lows as cautious investors waited for
the outcomes of central bank policy meetings in Europe and
* Brent crude oil futures posted a modest rise on Wednesday
on economic optimism, while U.S. crude prices slipped after data
showed an unexpected rise in U.S. crude oil inventories.
* U.S. Treasuries prices rose on Wednesday as weaker U.S.
and European stock prices and political tension in the euro zone
boosted demand for safe-haven government debt.
LOCAL MARKETS PREVIOUS CLOSE
* BSE index 19,639.72 (-0.10 pct)
* NSE index 5,959.20 (0.04 pct)
* Rupee 53.155/165 per dollar (53.135/145)
* 10-year bond yield 7.91 pct (7.92 pct)
* 5-year OIS rate 7.28 pct (7.27 pct)
* 1-year OIS rate 7.64 pct (7.63 pct)
* Call money 7.90/8.00 pct (7.75/7.80 pct)
FACTORS TO WATCH
* India to release advance GDP estimates for 2012/13.
* RBI Governor to address press after cbank board meet.
* India's government's share sale in NTPC.
* Southeast Asian central banks are in talks to overhaul the
way reference rates for offshore currency derivatives are set
following investigations by banks in Singapore that found
traders in the city-state tried to manipulate the market, the
president of Indonesia's foreign exchange industry group said.
* The United States said it had sanctioned Iran's main
agency in charge of broadcasting for helping the government
censor Western reports, part of a broader effort by Washington
to pressure Tehran's nuclear program.
* India's central bank could limit gold imports by banks in
'extreme circumstances,' it said on Wednesday, as it put forward
measures to help the world's biggest consumer of gold rein in
purchases and battle a record-high current account deficit.
* Numaligarh Refinery (NRL), a unit of a leading Indian
state-owned oil refiner, has sent out requests for proposals for
a $90m project financing, sources said. Proceeds will fund the
setting up of a wax plant at Numaligarh in the North-Eastern
Indian state of Assam. (IFR)
USD/INR NDFs (NY closing prices)
* For up-to-date prices, double click
Close Open High Low Volume
53.27-33 53.45 53.50 53.28 High
FII INVESTMENTS-EQUITIES (Net dollars)
Feb. 6* $213.79 mln#
Month-to-date** $1.79 bln
Year-to-date** $5.85 bln
* Provisional NSE data
** Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Feb. 6 on SEBI
#(As per Reuters conversion, $1 = 53.23 rupees)
FII INVESTMENTS-DEBT (Net Dollars)*
Feb. 5 $12.36 mln
Month-to-date $227.02 mln
Year-to-date $778.10 mln
* Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Feb. 6 on SEBI
GOVERNMENT SECURITIES TRADING (Net buy/sell, in rupees)
Foreign Banks 12.61 bln
Public Sector Banks -15.98 bln
Private Sector Banks 10.17 bln
Mutual Funds -6.60 bln
Others -0.98 bln
Primary Dealers 0.78 bln
Source: Clearing Corp of India Ltd
MONEY MARKET INFLOWS (mln rupees)
Instrument Payment Date Amount
11.43% 2015 Interest Feb 07 6858.00
SDL 08.67%, 2017 Interest Feb 08 216.75
SDL 08.68%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 108.50
SDL 08.69%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 1520.75
SDL 08.71%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 1088.75
SDL 08.73%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 69.84
SDL 08.90%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 333.75
SDL 08.91%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 333.75
SDL 08.91%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 245.03
SDL 08.92%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 2809.80
SDL 08.93%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 580.45
SDL 08.97%, 2022 Interest Feb 08 112.13
91 days T-Bill Redemption Feb 08 100000.00
364 days T-Bill Redemption Feb 08 40000.00
10.03% 2019 Interest Feb 09 3009.00
For full table:
Instrument Amount Date
Bond Sale 120 bln rupees Feb. 8
* The RBI said on Wednesday it accepted all 24 bids for
576.15 billion rupees at its one-day repo auction, through which
it injects cash into the banking system. It received two bids
for 15 billion rupees at its reverse repo auction, through which
it absorbs cash from the system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI falls to 135.61 billion
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI rise to 3.26 trillion
(Compiled by Subhadip Sircar)
Keywords: MARKETS INDIA FX DEBT/PREOPENER
(email@example.com)(+91-22-61807201; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.