With over 20 million unique visitors a month and over a thousand corporate clients, XE is at the forefront of global currency services and innovation. Data is at the core of our business and we need a strong product manager to help define and lead the vision for our data products. This key role is responsible for managing the entire XE Data product line life cycle across strategic product planning, definition, development and operations.
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Application period: 12:00:00 PM Monday, July 7, 2014 - 12:00:00 PM Monday, September 1, 2014
We want our team members to lead happy, healthy, balanced lives. Our 40-hour work week supports work-life balance. We offer generous benefits, including dental, maternity, and RSP matching. And if you need a break, you can always use our well-equipped gym and showers. We provide delicious lunches every Friday, followed by some pretty intense games of ping-pong and foosball (so you can burn off the calories). We think the best relationships are built on mutual respect, so we strive to ensure that this is reflected in our relationship with our employees.
- Develop and implement a go to market plan through customer, competitor and industry analysis, and work with all departments to execute on this.
- Identify and define potential new products and enhancements to existing products that will better meet customer needs and reach new customers.
- Collaborate with teams, including development and marketing, to implement product strategy by brain-storming approaches, defining requirements and setting priorities.
- Support various other teams such as customer relations and accounting with customer and product analysis to support ongoing operations.
- Analyzing potential industry partner relationships and guiding new integration to support product development.
- At least 5 years of product management leadership, ideally within analytical software or data intensive products.
- Experience developing product/business strategies and successfully implementing them.
- Experience working with customers and other industry stakeholders to develop and enhance products.
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle across waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- A thorough understanding of software and database technologies, database production processes, and data analytics is desired.
- Business planning and strategy
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Results- oriented and self- motivated
- A thorough understanding of:
- Information Technology
- Online products and services
- International markets
- Digital products delivered over the internet
- Licensing of intellectual property