If you’re passionate about digital marketing, love to dig into data to discover actionable insights, and are a skilled communicator, then we’re glad you’re here. XE is seeking a dynamic Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team.
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Application period: 12:00:00 PM Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 12:00:00 PM Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Established in 1993, XE has been selected as a GTA Top Employer multiple years. We are profitable, growing, privately held, and community-involved. Each month, more than twenty million people from all over the world use our online foreign exchange tools and services. Our tools include the Currency Converter and the XE Currency app, which has received more than twenty-five million installs. Our money transfer services have booked billions of dollars in transactions. And our commercial currency feed is used by numerous corporate clients, from SMEs to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to continuing our role as leaders and innovators in the foreign exchange industry.
We want our team members to lead happy, healthy, balanced lives. Our 40-hour work week supports work-life balance. We offer generous benefits, including dental, maternity, and RSP matching. And if you need a break, you can always use our well-equipped gym and showers. We provide delicious lunches every Friday, followed by some pretty intense games of ping pong and foosball (so you can burn off the calories). We think the best relationships are built on mutual respect, so we strive to ensure that this is reflected in our relationship with our employees.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you are a driven and meticulous self-starter, who can quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment. With strong emphasis on e-business competencies (SEO, SEM, CRO, social, web metrics), you will play a critical role in our small, but dedicated Marketing team. At XE, your contributions can be appreciated by millions of people around the world.
- Understand business requirements, priorities, and roadmaps
- Support digital marketing activities: SEO, SEM, CRO, Social, Web Metrics
- Deliver accurate and timely reports, flagging issues & opportunities
- Research and write marketing & educational content
- Analyse key performance indicators and provide actionable insights
- Leverage a "test, measure and refine" approach to optimize performance
- Research markets, competitors, and customers
- Participate in the development of strategic plans
- Balance multiple priorities, tasks, and marketing goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Meticulous attention to accuracy and detail with strong time-management skills
- E-business competencies: SEO, SEM, CRO, Social, Web Metrics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (aka grammar geek)
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Solid experience with web analytics tools and data analysis
- Microsoft Office nerd: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and platforms
- Ability to create engaging written and verbal presentations
- Self-motivated, and able to work well independently as well as in a team