XE.com has a permanent, full time openings for Software Developers of all levels. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the developer is responsible for working with internal partners to develop all aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance).
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Application period: 12:00:00 PM Thursday, August 8, 2013 - 12:00:00 PM Wednesday, October 1, 2014
XE is the place to be...
XE.com is the world's most visited currency site. We are ranked among the top 400 most visited web sites in the world, with over 20 million unique visitors per month. Our tools include the Currency Converter, forex news and analysis, and the XE Currency Mobile app, which has received over 6 million downloads. Our XE Trade global payments service has thousands of clients who have booked over 7 billion dollars in transactions, and our commercial currency feed is used by over a thousand corporate clients from SMEs to Fortune 500 companies. XE is a place where your contributions can be appreciated by millions of people around the world.
We value our employees, and strive to keep them motivated and engaged. We empower them with decision making, risk taking, mentoring, and training opportunities in new technologies and industry-best practices. While we work hard, we also acknowledge the need for work-life balance, and provide a flexible and social environment.
Our culture is built on individuals who are naturally curious. We value learning and mentoring others, and believe in sharing knowledge and lessons learned. Our team is energetic, motivated, and results-driven and we bring a shared sense of community and responsibility to producing work of which we are proud.
We are currently looking for software developers to join our team!The role of Software Developer is to research, design, evaluate, integrate, and maintain:
- full technical design, programming and deployment work in a team environment;
- product development sessions with creative designers and other stakeholders as part of the requirements and design phases;
- the deployment phase with QA and other stakeholders to successfully release functionality into the production environment;
- complex application modules, with an emphasis on open architecture, performance and security;
- high quality code according to accepted standards based on user requirements with minimal supervision; and
- contributing to the evolution and extension of the technical architecture and design.
If you have your Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline, are creative and self-motivated, are detail-oriented and able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new applications and complex technologies, able to manage multiple tasks, able to work independently and as part of a team, able to research and provide solutions for complex issues, possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, and have a great sense of humour, this may be the position for you.
In order to be effective in this role, you will possess:
- exceptional PHP and Java server programming skills in a multi-tier web application environment;
- familarity with modern web development technologies, such as jquery, html5, rest web-services and others;
- an understanding of modern web frameworks and architectures, and able to extend the metaphors across technologies;
- experience is preferred in the following technologies: Linux, Apache, Tomcat, content management (such as Drupal), MySql and NoSql alternatives
- previous exposure to C, C++, Perl and shell scripting is an asset; and
- knowledge of design patterns and other industry implementation and design best practices.
This is a 40 hours per week, full-time position.
Apply Now!Important: Due to the high volume of responses to our job postings, we can only accept applications through the above link. We do not accept or consider applications by any other method, including e-mail, fax, or mail. Please do not send us résumés or applications by these methods. Doing so may affect your eligibility for this position, or future positions with XE.com.
Live Currency Rates
Popular Currency Profiles
- S.Korea c.bank: Q4 growth of 0.8 pct or more achievable
- UK's Osborne to declare austerity push is paying off
- ECB under policy pressure from its own forecasts update
- TABLE-Foreign investors net buyers of Japan shares for last week
- FOREX-Yen still vulnerable; focus shifts to ECB meeting
- PRECIOUS-Gold rallies suddenly as short covering offsets Fed worries