XE Currency FAQ
The rates in our free information services are neither "buy" nor "sell" rates. Instead, they are mid-market rates derived from the mid-point between the "buy" and "sell" rates from global currency markets. Our free information services always list the mid-market rate because it indicates the value of a currency that is not weighted towards buying or selling.
"Buy" and "sell" rates include overheads and profit margins that are independently set by foreign exchange providers; their rates can vary a lot and will differ from the mid-market rate, so we recommend you shop around. To transfer money at the best buy and sell rates guaranteed, visit XE Trade.
Live Currency Rates
- Turkey central bank governor: capital flow changes may boost lira
- UK watchdog fines Lloyds record 28 mln stg for sales failings
- Austrian banks need to boost capital - cenbank
- Iceland cbank keeps main policy rate at 6.0 pct
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-German data shows mixed start to quarter, tempers optimism
- UPDATE 1-Ukrainian protesters defend square as police move in