XE Currency FAQ
The rates in our free information services are neither "buy" nor "sell" rates. Instead, they are mid-market rates derived from the mid-point between the "buy" and "sell" rates from global currency markets. Our free information services always list the mid-market rate because it indicates the value of a currency that is not weighted towards buying or selling.
"Buy" and "sell" rates include overheads and profit margins that are independently set by foreign exchange providers; their rates can vary a lot and will differ from the mid-market rate, so we recommend you shop around. To transfer money at the best buy and sell rates guaranteed, visit XE Trade.
Live Currency Rates
- UPDATE 2-Investigators examine fractured rail in Connecticut train crash
- BoE governor King warns of risks in UK mortgage scheme
- Republican cites IRS scandal in close Virginia governor's race
- U.S. state cancels subsidy for investment from Pakistani company
- UPDATE 1-Investigators seek cause of New York commuter train crash
- UPDATE 1-Workers stage illegal strike at South Africa chrome mine