TWD - Taiwan New Dollar
The Taiwan New Dollar is the currency of Taiwan. Our currency rankings show that the most popular Taiwan New Dollar exchange rate is the TWD to USD rate. The currency code for New Dollars is TWD, and the currency symbol is NT$. Below, you'll find Taiwan New Dollar rates and a currency converter. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, read Taiwan New Dollar News, or take TWD rates on the go with our XE Currency Apps and website. More info ►
Top TWD Exchange Rates
0 : 59
Did you know?
Nicknames: kuài, máo, Taibi
Freq Used: NT$1, NT$5, NT$10, NT$50
Rarely Used: NT$20
Freq Used: NT$100, NT$500, NT$1000
Rarely Used: NT$200, NT$2000
Central Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
Users: TaiwanHave more info about the Taiwan New Dollar?
Email us ►
XE Currency Converter
Why are you interested in the TWD?
Under Japanese rule, the Taiwanese Yen was introduced as the currency of Taiwan in 1895. It was circulated alongside the Japanese Yen with the two currencies valued at par with one another until the Japanese Empire fell, in 1945. A year later, under the Republic of China government, the Taiwan Dollar (known as TWN) replaced the Yen at par. A New Taiwan Dollar was introduced in 1949 in an attempt to counter the hyperinflation. The 'old' Taiwan Dollar was devalued at an extreme exchange rate of 4000 to 1 TWD. In 2000, the New Taiwan Dollar became the official currency of the Republic of China.
- Pakistani stocks end lower; rupee strengthens; o/n rates fall
- India cbank says bought net $3.9 bln through spot FX mkt in October - bulletin
- Glance-FTSE edges higher supported by Prudential's Asian growth outlook
- Sri Lanka rupee slips from over 6-wk high on importer dlr demand
- CEE MARKETS 1-Poland's TPSA rebounds from fall, most E.European assets gain
- Botswana central bank cuts bank rate to 7.5 pct