XE Currency FAQ
The rates in our free information services are neither "buy" nor "sell" rates. Instead, they are mid-market rates derived from the mid-point between the "buy" and "sell" rates from global currency markets. Our free information services always list the mid-market rate because it indicates the value of a currency that is not weighted towards buying or selling.
"Buy" and "sell" rates include overheads and profit margins that are independently set by foreign exchange providers; their rates can vary a lot and will differ from the mid-market rate, so we recommend you shop around. To send a cheap money transfer online, use XE Trade Money Transfers ►.
Live Currency Rates
- China overnight repo rate surpasses 13 pct, highest on record
- Japan May's copper cable total sales rise 2.1 pct yr/yr
- Thai finmin wants c.bank to ensure baht stability
- Singapore demands action from Indonesia on haze
- Australia dlr punch drunk on China blow, Fed hawkishness
- Indian FX/debt factors to watch - June 20