XE Currency FAQ
The rates in our free information services are neither "buy" nor "sell" rates. Instead, they are mid-market rates derived from the mid-point between the "buy" and "sell" rates from global currency markets. Our free information services always list the mid-market rate because it indicates the value of a currency that is not weighted towards buying or selling.
"Buy" and "sell" rates include overheads and profit margins that are independently set by foreign exchange providers; their rates can vary a lot and will differ from the mid-market rate, so we recommend you shop around. To send a cheap money transfer online, use XE Trade Money Transfers ►.
Live Currency Rates
- Greece modifies DEPA privatisation terms to accommodate Gazprom-source
- EU steps up quest to solve youth unemployment
- UPDATE 1-Freeport Indonesia union says mine shut but maintenance under way
- At least four exposed to radiation after Japan laboratory leak-agency
- Kobe Steel mulls shutting blast furnace in western Japan -Nikkei
- -REFILE-Freeport Indonesia union says 35-40 pct of workers resume work